FREE Security Audit to the first 50 schools booked for a meeting with VOX!
Wifi Access for as little as
R450 Excl VAT per classroom! (Ts and Cs apply)
Who is Vox?
Vox Telecom Limited is a leading telecoms operator, providing voice, data and collaboration services to the South African market. Vox Telecom, established in 1998, has established itself as one of the major players in the telecoms market and is one of the largest black-owned telecommunications companies in South Africa.
Vox Telecom’s unbiased approach when it comes to technology, combined with a dedication to cost minimization and an uncompromising attitude towards service delivery, has resulted in long-term partnerships with thousands of South African corporates, government organizations, SMEs and consumers.
What can Vox offer your school?
With over 156 products and services on offer at Vox Telecom, there is very little that we as Vox cannot offer your institution. From Voice and Data services, to Cloud solutions, Office 365, Managed IT services and a full and comprehensive security suite, our product range can satisfy all your ICT needs. Using best-of-breed products, we offer cost-effective yet reliable solutions, to your specific requirements.
The foundation on which any successful IT solution is build on, is a reliable connectivity link. We provide a variety of ways to customize internet access solutions to suit location and business requirements.
A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link, and if your primary internet access link goes down, can your institution still function? The importance of having a reliable redundant link, over a different medium, is key to ensuring business continuity. In our current technology needs, we cannot afford to be down.
- WiFi Access Points
Utilizing Ruckus access points, we can offer a cost-effective wifi access solution to satisfy the demand of online education. With a branded portal for sign-in, guest login, integration with your active directory, and fully managed by us, this solution is a must for hassle free and effective online learning. Site survey is required to fully understand the needs of your institution and to successfully scope the solution.
Keeping the students and staff save from malicious attacks is a critical requirement to an always-online environment. Both external and internal attacks need to be prevented. Vox offers a 360-degree Security solution, ranging from Anti-Virus’s, firewalls, CCTV with remote monitoring, access control, and email security.
Vox Telecom’s state-of-the-art cloud services offer a flexible, cost-effective alternative for delivering IT services in a way that compliments existing systems and processes. Businesses can procure IT services without investing in expensive assets and resources and enjoy the luxury of paying only for what they use. These services include hosting and virtualization, application delivery, storage and backup services.
- Other Services
- Managed IT – Let Vox take care of the strenuous demands of a successful IT environment
- Voice and PBX – Cost reducing voice rates and reliable PBX solutions
- Microsoft Office 365 – Email and Office applications in tailored made packages
- Visual Communications – From collaborative smartboards, digital signage to full VC suites.
- HAAS – Hardware-as-a-Service – Rental of computers and laptops at affordable prices
- Service Level Agreement
Vox Telecom offers comprehensive SLAs to cater for additional levels of support. The SLAs available operate to the highest support standards delivered by qualified, certified engineers and feature defined support parameters, quantifiable reports and proactive notifications.
Wifi Access POC available, across multiple classrooms, on acceptance of a signed contract! (Ts and Cs apply)
The Importance of Cyber Security in Schools
Protecting your data and systems is important within any organization, and the same rules apply to the education system – if not more so due to the sensitive nature of the data held and the safeguarding of learner and staff from malicious attacks.
Key areas of where Cyber Security is needed:
- Personal Data – School systems hold information on both staff and learners. Information ranging from medical history, home addresses, phone numbers and bank details.
- Unsafe Websites – These include sites designed to abuse, exploit or bully the learners that have access to them or the website itself could be infected with a virus that will infiltrate your systems once entered.
- Personal Devices – The problem does not always start within your own hardware or software systems. If a staff member or student has an infected personal device and connects to the school’s Wi-Fi this could leave your systems vulnerable to being infected also.
- Sensitive Information – This can apply to the records of staff, students and exam information alike, it’s imperative to both protect this information and ensure that there is a reliable backup in place in the event of system failure. Should this information be compromised due to infection or lost it can have a massive impact on both the reputation of the school and the education of the students.
Difference between a Home and Business line:
- Home fibre is Asynchronous, meaning that download speeds higher than upload speeds. Business fibre is more Synchronous.
- Contention ratio is much higher on a home fibre line, normally 25:1 and higher, whilst on a business fibre line it is much lower, from 10:1 and lower.
- This means, you will get more line speed out of a 100Mbps link on FTTB(Fibre-To-The-Business) than on FTTH(Fibre-To-The-Home).
- We can guarantee more QOS (Quality of Service) on a Business fibre link than on a home fibre link.
- Static IP’s can be supplied on a business fibre link.